Winter Break is a Great Time To See Your Dentist
Posted by HALLMARK DENTAL GROUP on Dec 8 2022, 10:48 AM
It's important to have your regular checkups and cleanings done twice a year. However, most patients tend to avoid going to the dentist over winter break. This is primarily due to the holidays, travel, and time off from school.
One great chunk of time between semesters, winter break, is a great time for college students to make appointments with their dentists. Getting the care you need is easier and more affordable in the off-season, which is why it's a good idea to schedule your regular cleaning and exam during the holidays. Most dental offices close down for a week or two around Christmas and New Year's Day, so your dentist will likely be available sooner if you book your appointment now rather than later. Plus, you'll save some extra cash since many dental practices offer special pricing during this time of year.
Other benefits of visiting the dentist in the winter months include the following:
- A healthier smile! Your dentist will clean your teeth to prevent cavities while also looking for signs of oral cancer, gum disease, and tooth decay.
- Less stress! The holidays can be busy and stressful, especially if you're traveling to see family and friends or hosting a party. Visit the dental office before things get too hectic so you can sit back and relax while you wait for your cleaning or treatment.
- A better night's sleep! Gum disease has been linked to poorer sleep, which is why regular dental care is so important. By scheduling your cleaning and checkup this winter, you can get a better night's rest!
- During winter break, many students are home and not worried about getting to school on time or rushing to their next class. It's a great time to schedule a checkup and cleaning with your dentist. Why? Because it's easier to fit appointments into your schedule during breaks than it is during the school year when each day is packed with classes, homework, and activities.
- Another reason to schedule an appointment now is so that any necessary treatments can be scheduled for after school ends and your semester begins again. For example, if a tooth is cracked or broken, it may require a crown treatment to repair and strengthen it. But if your child has a school activity that weekend, the dentist may not be able to complete the work until the following week.
For more information on our dental services, schedule an appointment with our dentist at Hallmark Dental Group or visit our dental office in St George at 335 East St George Blvd #201, Saint George, UT 84770.